Features & Benefits
- The ability to observe what is going on beneath a water’s surface
- Much stronger than traditional glass and resistant to impact
- Installs flush with the interior pool wall so no projections or sharp edges interfere with equipment or competition
Underwater Viewing Windows
Natare underwater windows provide a clear view into the swimming or diving pool below the water’s surface.
These unique observation windows are an invaluable aid for underwater photography, education or the ultimate view of competition swimming.
These strong rectangular windows are suitable for installation in any concrete or stainless steel pool. The window installs flush with the interior pool wall, eliminating projections and sharp edges that can interfere with equipment or competition.
A View Below the Surface
The ability to observe what is going on beneath the water’s surface has gained popularity in recent years. Whereas once, underwater windows were an expensive and complicated component found only in the most exclusive facilities, swim instructors and coaches now frequently use underwater windows to help critique strokes, advise on diving techniques and even craft choreography for synchronized swimming.
Zoos and animal habitats such as fish hatcheries also use underwater windows to observe aquatic wildlife from the safety of an adjacent room. They are cost-effective, durable and easy to install.
Natare’s custom manufactured underwater windows are built to fulfill the needs of any type of aquatic facility.
Constructed from a special grade of extra low carbon 304 or 316 stainless steel, the window system consists of a frame with integral anchoring tabs that provide rigid attachment to the wall structure.
The window glazing system consists of a three-ply tempered glass laminate or a thick acrylic/poly-carbonate material secured by a stainless steel retaining flange. A polymeric sealant ensures a completely watertight installation. All windows are shipped fully assembled, sealed and ready for field installation.
Features & Benefits
Natare uses special tempered glass produced under carefully controlled conditions to remove undesirable stresses and impurities.
- Tempered glass is approximately 4-5x stronger than annealed (traditional) glass, providing a very high level of safety.
- Our tempered glass is composed of transparent glass that is permanently laminated to a polyvinyl butyral (PVB) film. The result is a window that is much stronger and resistant to impact and heat than traditional glass.
- The glazing in our windows is a safety glazing material that meets the needs of ANSI Z97.1 Standard and Federal Standard CPSC 16 CFR 1201.
- In the unlikely event that our window could be broken, it would keep its primary shape and visibility, leaving window without any sharp or jagged edges.
- Natare also produces acrylic windows, which is a clear plastic that resembles glass. We use only a high-quality, domestic-production acrylic (rather than low-quality extruded acrylic, which is softer, can scratch easily and may contain impurities).